Monday, June 29, 2015

#2 Get a Pedicure

I know this is kind of a lame one. But I've never done it and people swear by it so I figured I'd give it a try. I know I’m off to a slow start, but I’ve got some cool things planned so stay tuned. 

I was really hoping for every experience to give me some kind of rush. Some feeling of the unknown. I guess that's life though, some days are mundane and others are out of the ordinary. 

It was like a library in there. Tiny little Asian women working away on these beautiful girls feet. I'm not one for foot fetishes but that would be the place to go to get your jollies.

Confused and befuddled I make my way to the chair. My gal spoke very little English or at least played like she couldn't. I stuck my feet into a little bath of running water that was luke warm. Being a pedicure virgin I was a little nervous about the cheese grader she was about to use on my feet. But my callus man feet handled it with no problems. My toenails were clipped and cuticles pushed back. Everything was buffed smooth and they ended with a clear coat my car would be jealous of. 

The massage chair felt good and I’d be lying if I didn’t admit to cracking up at one point. The awkwardness made it all the better. Maybe it was the feeling of being a stranger in a foreign land. Perhaps she just hit a funny spot that tickled. Or maybe it was the random girl/date I brought along after only knowing her for an hour. 
Either way It was a funny, decent experience and my feet feel good. 

I would definitely do it again but I also don't think I ever need to.

Things I learned today
Trust shouldn't be expected. It's earned.

Nothing gets done right unless it’s properly planned.

A little ambition goes a long way. 

Owning your decisions is a great way to build confidence.

Laugh at yourself first then no one can make fun of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment