Sunday, October 11, 2015

September Update

First off I have to apologize to myself. I'm also sorry to anyone who's enjoyed these posts because I like to keep this fresh the best I can. Last month was exactly the opposite of what I set out to do this year. I let life overwhelm me and stifled any new experiences. Let the excuses fly and maybe they'll be a reminder of what to avoid the next time around. Everything has come together and each challenge has been accepted and competed. I'm ready to move forward again.

Excuse 1:
I let my job consume me, this was my first year being in charge of our physical inventory and we've been about three people short for roughly four months. I've never done this and had little to no idea of how to run it. It stressed me out for the first two weeks until it finally came and went.

Result - The count went pretty smooth, I had a couple of no shows but rolled with the punches and found enough people to provide coverage. We accomplished the whole count in one night; preventing us from coming in and working on Saturday. When the final numbers came in my group kicked ass. Shortages and error rates were lower then ever. Overall dollars in losses came in at an acceptable number beating our score from last year.

Excuse 2:
When I wasn't working I was scrambling to get my rental house prepped and ready. There were plenty of nights hauling piles of bark and doing maintenance things around the property. My weekends and a few more weeknights were spent doing showings. Frustratingly enough there were plenty of no show, tire kicking assholes. Usually these were during the weekend too which pissed me off.

Result - We ended up finding our new renters by the end of the month. Their check cleared and they had good references and rental history. They also appear to be down to earth people that want to be long term tenants.

Excuse 3:
Somehow in the mix of all this mess I managed to make time to date. I chased this girl around all month long. I spent a lot of my free time coming up with clever and thoughtful dates. Going full Mosby in some ways planning and putting together sweet little nothings. Overanalyzing every interaction together making myself stress out about trying to win over this girl. Battling with myself not to go charging into this but to take it slow. I'm too type A to take things slow, I'm always looking for the next level the next goal the next step.

Result - It didn't work out, but that's a post for another day

Excuse 4:
I didn't take all the shots that presented themselves. I did have a pretty cool 30 for 30 event planned. I was going to go paragliding off tiger mountain. On my way driving to my session I got a call saying that it was cancelled because of high winds.

Result - When they tried to reschedule I denied it in favor of watching the Seahawks game instead. We get 16 games per season and I should have just gone. Now I just have a shoulda coulda woulda story instead.

All in all its just regular old life BS that wrapped me up. I have to refocus and plan some things out. It's kinda like going on vacation. You'll never end up leaving if you don't buy the plane ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment